hannah_carter5

Victorian terrace - trying to avoid side return extension (costs!)

8 months ago

See attached floor plan, it’s the classic Victorian terrace layout. We need to bring the whole house up to date, and in doing so we will be opening up the kitchen and adjoining dining room. Although we really like the idea of the side return extension, and I’ve seen some stunning examples, the costs are so high that we’d really rather avoid it if possible. Definitely looking to reposition the kitchen to the darker side, and place the dining table / living space at the back, along with some French doors. But I’d really like to do something with a bit more oomph than the classic galley kitchen. Any thoughts? Ideally, would love to be able to keep an eye on kids in the playroom (reception 2) though appreciate without an extension that’s tricky! Also hoping to squeeze a little office / desk space in too. Has anyone seen any interesting ideas for this layout?

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.