pippa8231

Kitchen hood questions! Help please!

8 months ago
last modified: 8 months ago

Hello,

I am fitting a new kitchen and I'm planning to put in a wall-mounted extractor concealed in plasterboard, something like the photo below. It will be venting to the outside, not recycling.

My induction hob will be 90cm wide.

The hoods I'm looking at are designed to fit into a wall cupboard and are 90cm wide by only 30cm deep, with peripheral extraction.

I really like the idea of having the hood set back a little and not right in front of my head, if it works OK!

I know everyone always says that an extractor should be bigger than the hob, but these seem to be widely available - do they actually work efficiently?

The canopy I'm building would be 100cm wide, so would create a bit of a funnel, wider (but not deeper) than the hob.

The alternative would be to get one that's designed to go in a ceiling over an island and 40cm deep or more (but quite a bit more expensive, so I'd prefer this option).

Any advice gratefully received, thank you!

Comments (10)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.