webuser_159822510

Wall mirror placement for dark hallway

5 months ago

I’m currently decorating my hallway, and am looking for ways to bring more light into what is a dark space. Pictures below show the current hallway, these are all facing north looking from the kitchen:

The main light sources are the west facing front door at the far end of the hall, and the east facing utility area half way along (utility picture below):

I’ve identified the following candidate areas for mirrors (in green):

For the section nearest the kitchen, I’m wondering if a full length mirror like this opposite the utility door may work well. But I wonder if it would appear too obvious? There’s also the complication that I may be adding a sliding door to the lounge area, which would overlap with this space slightly when open.

For the front doorway, I think the previous owners had a large mirror mounted on the west facing wall, but this feels suboptimal because it’s not on the wall opposite the light source. So I’m thinking of combining a smaller decorative mirror like this directly opposite the front door, with a larger, plainer mirror in the original picture. There’s also space to have a further large mirror on the east wall further back, but I feel 3 mirrors would be overkill and not look good?

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.