webuser_890148528

Sliding doors or French doors

Steph Pew
last month

I moved into this 100 year old semi in November and have updated electrics, added/moved radiators,replaced all windows and front door. In the dining end of the kitchen there are upvc glazed doors -only one with a handle - that I’m going to remove and fit in the garden outbuilding/garage to replace a single door that has seen better days.
My question is what do you think about installing sliding patio doors in the dining room? How secure are these nowadays I remember there being an issue where the doors could be easily lifted out?
I have a small courtyard garden I look onto the outbuilding bounded on one side by an ugly block and rendered raised bed and the other side is part wall and part double gates for vehicle access.( I’ve only used it once for my van as I have residents parking outside my house at the front so I’m thinking of removing the gates and continuing the wall.
By replacing French doors with sliding doors I’ll gain space in the garden it’s the security issue that is my main concern.
Thank you

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.