gintare_kriauceliunaite

Second bedroom to Ground Floor flat

Hello,

We owe a one bedroom victorian terrace conversion flat with a sizeable garden in London and have a child, so desperately need a second bedroom. The market around doesn't seem to offer much for our budget, so extending seems like a good option for us.

We have found an approved planning permission from previous owners with fairly detailed drawings for the extension. The first picture shows the footprint of the proposed extension being build over current kitchen, the second picture shows the new layout. While this plan seems a fairly sensible one, - we wouIdn't need to move the bathroom and hopefully wouldn't need to move the drains (in the location of the proposed courtyard/Japanese garden). However, I can't seem to think that having a bedroom opening up directly to the dining area might be very unpractical. Are there any better ways to solve this puzzle sensibly?

Just to add - our bathroom has a very low ceiling as it seems that the bathroom upstairs is lower than the rest of the flat too, hence it might be awkward to have it as something else.

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.