housewife1950s

Choose the colours of my eiffel chairs for me!

housewife1950s
10 years ago
Hi all,
Put your 2 cents worth in me and tell me what combo of colours I should choose for these lovely eiffel chairs for my kitchen.
I'm going to have 4 chairs around a white table. My kitchen is white, the walls are a very light grey/blue. The blinds have a grey and pink pattern.
I'd love for the majority colours to be pastel, but not too girlie, so if you think olive green or teal would be a good choice to offset the girlieness then great. Something like the colour combination in the photo here. But obviously not so many chairs as that!

Thanks a lot!

Comments (90)

• tatianandrade
    10 years ago
    How about three colors. Maybe black, light green and orange.
  • lizzzie111
    10 years ago
    Black
  • Related Discussions

What colours should I choose to go with my aubergine/cream kitchen?

Q

Comments (8)
    I would go for high gloss mustard green wet wall where the tiles were. This colour looks great with aubergine and the sleek finish will instantly update the kitchen. Positional ceiling halogens and lighting under the wall cupboards to make the rich colours glow. I think three colours are fine, especially if you pull them together in a blind fabric or cushion. ???
    ...See More

help me choose a chair!

Q

Comments (15)
    It really depends on what you want to use the chair for? That will help narrow down your choices. If an upholstered one is a real possibility then may be choosing a textile or printed fabric you really love is the starting point. There are so many chairs to choose from but I have taken to buying old ones and having them refurbed and covered because they are better designed for comfort..height, depth, curved backs.. Problem is that there are so many fabulous textiles available I find it hard to choose. Good luck.
    ...See More

Help me choose a colour scheme for my living room

Q

Comments (0)
    Undecided on the colour of the leather to replace my old cream sofa... Will add a chair or two in the red fabric and stools in the spotty fabric. Im keeping my plaid red/cream chair!!!
    ...See More

Help me choose dining chair and sofa colours to match RED!! barstools

Q

Comments (3)
    I would choose a neutral cooler colour for the sofa and dining chairs and use red / petrol blue as an accent in cushions / wall art
    ...See More
  • pivoines
    10 years ago
    people, she said 4 chairs, around a round table, I vote for a 2 and 2 combination. I also vote for 4 armchairs or 4 side chairs, With a round table I think the style should be identical, I would choose 2 in grey and 2 in pink. it should look lovely ( oh and remember that white will yellow in time , keep that in mind if you think of it.) You could probably try your favorites most stores have a return policy of 2 weeks. Inquire about it . Good luck .
  • cstmcrea
    10 years ago
    I love the fun, playful look of multiple colors!
    If thisiwnt a formal spwce, i vote for using several colors!
  • User
    10 years ago
    I really don't like the idea of two in one color and the other two in different colors. I would have to do two and two or all four in different colors. I personally would do all four differently, it changes things up and makes it fun. I would pick two colors you absolutely want. (Pale pink, grey) then select maybe four other colors that will go good with those two and let the children decide. That way you will be happy with any color they pick and they will feel like they were a part of something. If I were to choose four different so would say pale pink, grey, gold/mustard, and the dark teal. Good luck!
  • tripleterrier
    10 years ago
    I would use 6 chairs because your table is so large and I would choose colors from your wonderful piece of art on the wall at the head of the table to tie them in.
  • Lisa Kristel
    10 years ago
    I love the pop of red, especially with the gray-blue walls. Also, it's a nice, non-girlie complement to the pink. And fun and cheery!
  • Diane Pascuzzi
    10 years ago
    If everything else is pastel-like I would do pink and black...pink for the pop of color and black to ground it all.
  • PRO
    Creative Yardists
    10 years ago
    Gold chairs would complement the other elements in the room. How about an understated black and gold area rug to bring it all together?
  • eightpondfarm
    10 years ago
    first of all i'd only use the armed chairs, the comfort factor overrides all other concerns for me. especially sitting down to a meal. then, i think i would like the one teal, 2 olive and one pink.
  • Reesi P
    10 years ago
    Light green to connect with the outdoors and to keep a light airy feel
  • Shannon Olden
    10 years ago
    too many opinions. let the kids pick. done.
  • lajarrell
    10 years ago
    Gold!
  • PRO
    Torbit Studio
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    If you going for Old VS New, Modern VS Classic then .... Green! The green Eiffel chairs will stand up to the deep saturation of the gray walls, seen in your inspiration image. Also green Eiffel chairs (in your inspiration image) are a cooler tone like the gray wall is cooler gray. Do be careful in a small areas, too many different chair colors may look like you couldn't decide which color you liked best. Sticking with one bold chair color in a smaller space will look intentional. If you really want a second color add black to play up the contrast of Color VS Black which will go well with the gray walls too. Good luck and please post images so we can see what you decided. PS since I we don't have an image of your actual space, these suggestions are based on the image you posted.
  • Suzanne Sheldon
    10 years ago
    It depends on whether this is your room or what your room & the rest of your furniture looks like. In this room, definitely the black & gold. The others are too pastel & light for the seriousness of this room. You should add a picture of your dining room. The chair colors can only be chosen with all the elements of the room taken into consideration.
  • igotutwo
    10 years ago
    I like the gold with the pink!!!
  • pgerman53
    10 years ago
    I think the green would make a perfect pop of color.
  • unwantedadvice
    10 years ago
    ASVinteriors is correct with their comment posted above. housewife1950s, I like the idea of the arm chairs someone posted, they would be more comfortable. When will you pick, as this could go on forever!! :))
  • Blake Sy
    10 years ago
    The light green!
  • punkintm
    10 years ago
    I would go with a light plum
  • Roxanne Schiavo
    10 years ago
    I like the pink, but it does bring girlie in. I then choose the black, it's very striking and I love that. Not wimpy.You could add other colors to the mix with textiles etc.This is how I made my choice: I put my hands over all the chairs but the one I was contemplating, even covering part of the room as it is not your room.Just wanted to see how I felt inside when I saw each color chair with the other colors in the room.
  • PRO
    Casagrande Associates
    10 years ago
    Love the pink and green combo. Pink pick's up color in window treatment or Pink/ Black.
  • Lillian MacLennan
    10 years ago
    Black or gold.
  • dowdowburns
    10 years ago
    I really like that mirror :)
  • Mandy
    10 years ago
    Gold or green - I wouldn't mix the colors
  • islanddevil
    10 years ago
    Ask again when your room is finished and you can post a picture.
  • nancylucky
    10 years ago
    I think I would put benches on the side then beautiful upholstered chairs at the end in orange to pick up the orange in the wall hanging. I love green and yellow with grey and pink always looks beautiful with grey and white.
  • Rio Brewster
    10 years ago
    white, black, pearl grey and slate blue
  • PRO
    User
    10 years ago
    My two cents - I don't think this style chair has enough "visual weight". The mirror is a strong piece and the table is large enough to handle weightier chairs. If you want to use smaller chairs at the sides maybe try taller/larger chair at each end. Just sayin....
  • nazara91
    10 years ago
    I like the gold.
  • debklein922
    10 years ago
    With your color palette I would for teal or even turquoise..if you want a softer look try aqua
  • gypsyrose17
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    Pink, teal (?), black and gold would be perfect for a round white table in the kitchen or breakfast nook...something cheery and light that draws from your other colors.
  • User
    10 years ago
    I am beginning to wonder if anyone reads anymore.
  • Brenda
    10 years ago
    I love the Eiffel chair. If it were my house, I'd go with classic white.
  • Roxann Piaseczny Williams
    10 years ago
    black
  • housewife1950s
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    WOW! These kind responses. I've been away from my computer for a couple of days and I'm amazed at how great you all are. Thank you.

So the final selection was with the kids and I. My daughter chose a baby pink, my son a 'sea blue', I chose a sagey green and then we have a white chair. What I also did was order 3 more white ones to use in the study/craft room, so we can mix and match them around the house and revert to all white if we get fed up with the look of mixed colours.
    I'll post the result when they arrive.
  • User
    10 years ago
    I think that's a fantastic idea and I love the colors you chose! Can't wait to see it all together. (:
    housewife1950s thanked User
  • unwantedadvice
    10 years ago
    housewife1950s, I am so pleased you decided on colors. Nice that the children got to be involved and pick a color that they liked! Smart of you to get extra white chairs, too. Everyone that responded seemed to have a great time throwing out their color choices for you or, was it really for themselves? Can't wait for your pics when they come in. What base did you choose? But then I guess I'll see when you post pics! :))
    housewife1950s thanked unwantedadvice
  • PRO
    Casagrande Associates
    10 years ago
    Perfect. I didn't even think of the white but being pretty classic by nature I think that's a perfect choice. I get tired of color quickly. My eye needs a rest especially after a hectic day. Great to have the kids involved sometimes there lack of hangups is helpful don't you think.
    housewife1950s thanked Casagrande Associates
  • Laura Cunningham
    10 years ago
    I'd go with Black as well.
  • Crystal
    10 years ago
    I'd go with warm pink, apple green, orange and gold.
  • PRO
    D. R. Parker Consulting
    10 years ago
    I personally like the black and gold combination. If that is the color of the chairs to the far left.
  • Rhodalynn
    10 years ago
    Black. But why such modern chairs?
  • rk10007
    10 years ago
    Black and orange would work, but why the rush if it's not yet built. I take my renovation and decorating one crisis at a time. You can use milk crates in the interim..
  • housewife1950s
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Wow! It's still going! Thank you for all the suggestions - we have chosen sage green, a baby blue, shocking pink and white. I'm now going to add a gold one as well. The kids chose their own chair colour. They look amazing and one day I'll work out how to download stuff - the pink links in with the Thornback and Peel fabric we've chosen - so it's great.

I didn't choose just one colour, because I didn't want everything to look too show homey as it's all a bit too new looking right now. I'm not a massive fan of things being too tasteful!
  • Sonia Spoo
    9 years ago
    I love the pink! What brand did you order? Are you happy with the quality?
  • PRO
    Interior Affairs -- Vickie Daeley
    9 years ago
    I love the black
  • nancylucky
    9 years ago
    So what ended up? These chairs take away from the beauty and simplicity of the table. Does not blend, but we all like different things. That is what makes it fun!
  • Brooke Dillon
    7 years ago
    I would just go with the black to make it simple
  • Judy wear
    7 years ago
    Where did ou purchase the chairs at such a reasonable rate?
United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.