kvanover711

Laying Hardwood flooring on concrete foundation

kvanover711
10 years ago
We just bought a new home. it has pretty hard wood floors throughout the entire house except the bottom floor (its a split level.) The downstairs has old, ugly linoleum. The previous owers left enough real hard wood to do the living area but underneath the linoleum is only concrete. No plywood subfloor. Unless I dreamed this, I was thinking there was some special type of glue that could be used for hardwood to concrete surfaces? without having to lay a plywood subfloor? Is this possible? If so, what has been your experience? Suggested products for use, etc? Thanks so much for all your input. Trying to keep costs down if possible, but not to the point where I would want to compromise the finished product or integrity of the floor in the long run. Thanks.

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.