webuser_71660

induction hob size help for island

Tani H-S
5 years ago

Me again! LOL.

I'm on a roll with finding appliances at the moment as I have a whole list to get as budget friendly as possible.

Onto the hob - which will be one of our most expensive purchases (along with our boiling water tap!) and I need advice figuring out the best size.

The island will be 990mm deep and 2400 wide.

Hob offset to the far left - set over an 800 pan drawer set and a 150 pull out.

It was supposed to be a standard 600 hob I think but I really use the hob for nearly all my cooking and regular use larger pans.

I'm also worried about the splash in the area where people sit right in front of it as originally we were having a deeper island with back units (but lost them due to the cost) so it wouldn't have been an issue.

I like the idea of a multi-zone hob that connects up and just thinking an 800 might be a better size. What do you think? It would still leave me 1.4m or so to the right for prep area etc.

Or should I go for a narrow and wider one??

Comments (42)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.