houzzuk

Vote to win over £1000 worth of prizes from Houzz of 2018! NOW CLOSED

HouzzUK
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Our community has been busy creating [Sketches [(https://www.houzz.co.uk/discussions/sketch-to-win-products-from-houzz-of-2018-now-closed-dsvw-vd~5178474?n=29)that feature products from our Houzz of 2018 living spaces – now it's time to pick some lucky winners! Vote for your favourite below and tell us why you chose it in the comments and you could be in with a chance of winning over £1,000 worth of prizes from Houzz of 2018!

What you could win:

1. Green Decore [Pacific Round Jute Rug, Natural[(https://www.houzz.co.uk/products/pacific-round-jute-rug-natural-150-cm-prvw-vr~106130769) 2.Gompf + Kehrer [Porcelain Bowl, White, Large[(https://www.houzz.co.uk/products/porcelain-bowl-white-large-prvw-vr~83596268) 3. Gompf + Kehrer [Oval-Shaped Porcelain Bow, Small[(https://www.houzz.co.uk/products/oval-shaped-porcelain-bow-small-prvw-vr~83596239) 4.Gompf + Kehrer [Oval-Shaped Porcelain Bowl, White, Medium[(https://www.houzz.co.uk/products/oval-shaped-porcelain-bowl-white-medium-prvw-vr~83596253) 5. ZicZac [Meadow Placemats, Taupe, Set of 8[(https://www.houzz.co.uk/products/meadow-placemats-taupe-set-of-8-prvw-vr~92957545) 6. Earthed by William Clark [Osmosis Scatter Cushion, Latobius[(https://www.houzz.co.uk/products/osmosis-scatter-cushion-latobius-prvw-vr~99014839) 7.Georg Jensen[Manhattan Cocktail Shaker[(https://www.houzz.co.uk/products/georg-jensen-manhattan-cocktail-shaker-prvw-vr~100440699) 8.Kare Design GmbH [Crocker Side Table, Small[(https://www.houzz.co.uk/products/crocker-side-table-small-prvw-vr~108287123) 9. Encoded [Balinese Basket[(https://www.houzz.co.uk/products/balinese-basket-prvw-vr~77818528) 10. The Linen Works [Linen Artisan Cross Over Apron, Duck Egg[(https://www.houzz.co.uk/products/linen-artisan-cross-over-apron-duck-egg-prvw-vr~90090055) 11. The Linen Works [Linen Children's Cross Over Apron, Charcoal[(https://www.houzz.co.uk/products/linen-childrens-cross-over-apron-charcoal-prvw-vr~90090060)

To enter:

1. Vote for your favourite Sketch below (one vote per user)
  2. Comment below telling us why that Sketch was your favourite

Voting closes 3pm, Thursday 29th March.

One lucky winner will be chosen at random. For full Terms & Conditions and more information on each prize click here.The top 3 sketches as polled by you will receive prizes as outlined [here[(https://www.houzz.co.uk/discussions/sketch-to-win-products-from-houzz-of-2018-now-closed-dsvw-vd~5178474?n=29).

Sketch 1 rachelmidlands .jpg
Sketch 2 Jerome Miller.jpg
Sketch 3 Seasons in Colour.jpg
Sketch 4 Danielle H .jpg
Sketch 5 meganp1.jpg
Sketch 6 honeypoppet.jpg

Comments (75)

• Claire Rowlands
    6 years ago

I think Sketch 2 is the space I'd want to spend time in. It's warm without being hard.

• Paola Pesenti
    6 years ago
    option 2! It's simple and sophisticated at the same time. Love the choice of colors. Amazing chandelier
  • Related Discussions

Win a two-night stay in London and a visit to designjunction! CLOSED

Q

Comments (987)
    Chaise Longue Le Corbusier is to me the design that goes anywhere, bedroom, lounge, reading corner, library, study. An all times piece of furniture that will be an investment to pass on your family.
    ...See More

Vote to WIN a Litecraft Light worth over £1000!

Q

Comments (18)
    For us has to be Sparkly Simplicity which we voted for, as it offers something unusual, particularly love the bird on the top and how you can make use of this light in many rooms as it will easily match with everything adding a bit of sparkle :-)
    ...See More

Best SmartHouzz feature? Tell us and win a £2,000 John Lewis gift card

Q

Comments (538)
    The smart compact kitchen is an ingenious use of limited space! We love the innovative design and the different levels and widths of the shelves make it both interesting to look at and functional. The makeshift breakfast bar is a great addition as it gives the end user flexibility to create more space when necessary. We LOVE it!
    ...See More

Win a £500 Garden Trading Shopping Spree! CLOSED

Q

Comments (605)
    Thank you to everyone who took the time to vote and comment on our Doormat Competition. The competition has now ended and we are delighted to announce that the winning design is 'Cow Parsley'. The winner of the competition has been selected at random and will be contacted by Houzz imminently to redeem their £500 Garden Trading Shopping Spree Voucher. We look forward to launching this limited edition Cow Parsley Doormat in October, later this year.
    ...See More
  • Paola Pesenti
    6 years ago
    option 2! It's simple and sophisticated at the same time. Love the choice of colors. Amazing chandelier
  • James Casey
    6 years ago

Sketch 1 is a cracker

• PRO
    Emilie Fournet Interiors
    6 years ago
    Sketch 2 please! Love the calming backdrop with the warm touches of mustard.
  • maya
    6 years ago
    Number 3 for me. Cozy and streamlined. I can breathe!
  • Calvia Henry
    6 years ago
    Sketch 1 please as I love the use of warm colours, different textures and natural materials in this Boho style room reminiscent of Morocco, Turkey and Tunisia. I would be very comfortable living and entertaining in this room.
  • awakedreaminguk
    6 years ago

Sketch 5 - good use of space, not too much but not sparse. I like the use of colour as well - it isn't overwhelming.

• Amy Logan
    6 years ago
    Love 3, felt so drawn to want to sit in it. Feels very clean and simple. Cleverly accessorised. Like the funky light that directs your eye to the cosy sofa. Like how they’ve grouped rectangular pictures around the sofa area, and circular pictures and accessories to the right hand side to create a different area. Very welcoming and soothing choice of colours.
  • billydog99
    6 years ago
    Sketch 1 for me, them warm inviting colours and the different use of materials work well together, I feel it’s a room that would age well
  • Ann Howell
    6 years ago

It was between 1 and 3 for me, but in the end I chose number 1 for the warm colour palette and the interesting textures.

• Patrina
    6 years ago
    Sketch 3 for me love the gallery wall and the clever design and layout
  • suziewood
    6 years ago

I chose number 2 - Sleek, simple Scandi ... when can I move in?

• connie minton
    6 years ago
    I seem to be bucking the trend by choosing number 6. I love the clean uncluttered look and natural colours and textures. I’d feel most at home in a warm, light and minimal room like this.
  • clananderson11
    6 years ago

No 5. Well ahead of the others methinks. Very good use of the wall space without losing the openness of the room. What was the brief? Hard to decide when I don't know what the room is used for...

• victoria
    6 years ago
    I chose number 3 - it seems to combined contemporary with some quirky pieces, I lived the flat palette of colour with the bright pops of colour
  • tilly777
    6 years ago

No 1 for me. Warm, inviting use of colour in a subtle way. The clever mix of furnishing and accessories make the room welcoming and relaxed without being overly co-coordinated. I would certainly look forward to returning home each evening for a chill out session in such a stylish room.

• Fiona Cook
    6 years ago
    Sketch 3 for me. Minimalistic yet still homely. Would love to create this in my home! X
  • offgriduser
    6 years ago

Great sofa in no.3 - options for sitting or lying down work for me!

• Angela Woods
    6 years ago

Sketch 5. There is just something about the way this sketch has been layout. Great use of space, colour and decorative accessories.

• claire18turner
    6 years ago
    No. 1 is my favourite as it looks more cosy, inviting and interesting than the others
  • Sheila Gillanders
    6 years ago

Sketch 1. Lovely warm colours and the right mix of eclectic objects to make a warm.cozy and interesting room

• sarahutchings
    6 years ago

Sletch 2 - lovely natural colours and materials, very restful. I'd have it in my house!

• Nimalan Rajesparan
    6 years ago
    I chose 1. Step aside minimalists. MORE IS MORE! I am bored of seeing grey rooms void of any personality. This room has an identity...perhaps the owner would have an interest in art and travel. The mix of patterns on the painting and the rug work well. The plants breath life into the room and are a contrast against the splashes of red colour in the decor.
  • A S
    6 years ago

Firstly, well done to everyone whose sketches have made it through; it was A very difficult choice as each of the designs were great in there own ways and styles; but if I was limited to one, I would go for Sketch 3.

The designer has incorporated many of the pieces listed by houzz, such as the table lamp, green decore, table and mirror without making them room look overly cluttered. Rather, the room follows a cohesive theme: the designer has replicated the use of green from the deocre item through plants and wall-hung images; the black from the table is followed through, into the chair, sofa, lighting, rug and frames to create a monochrome theme with splashes of greens. Finally, the addition of a hint of pink adds warmth and coordinates with the floor to create an overall, balanced room in terms of deign and colour.

• 1lovelydream
    6 years ago

One - I think modernity is becoming too bland, predictable and cold - this fuses warmth with modernity - this is the one I want to return home to after a busy day. I love the injection of colour with the fabrics - the rest of them of whilst lovely IMO are cold in comparison. It does have a Mad Men 60's vibe going on as well - all it needs now is Don Draper and a dry martini :)

• hilltop89
    6 years ago

I love the simplicity of sketch no.6!

The pendants (which, btw, are so lovely) and shelves coordinate with the side table fantastically. Whilst the style of the sofa is not totally me, the colour works well in the design. The muted colour scheme, fused with a black chair and a floor plant brings life to the room.

Good luck everyone!

• Ellenesa Sarabosing
    6 years ago
    I vote no.3. I personally like wide open spaces and looking at this picture gives me a calm, relax and homey feel. Not too many decors and spacious. Exactly what a minimalist like me wants.
  • PRO
    OnePlan
    6 years ago
    Wow ! That’s a lot of votes so far !! Exciting stuff !!
  • chapss89
    6 years ago
    I chose number 3. It looks ideal and something that I would emulate. The design seems minimalist but cosy at the same time. It doesn’t feel overwhelming and also there isn’t too much going on, though there is a lot of attention to detail.
    The colour palette is also great, and is offset with warmer tones. Perfect.
  • chapss89
    6 years ago
    I chose number 3. It looks ideal and something that I would emulate. The design seems minimalist but cosy at the same time. It doesn’t feel overwhelming and also there isn’t too much going on, though there is a lot of attention to detail.
    The colour palette is also great, and is offset with warmer tones. Perfect.
  • Therese Akesson
    6 years ago
    I chose no.6 as I love the colours and the clean lines. I'm a Swedish minimalist
  • ssm35
    6 years ago

Love 3 - nice welcoming cosy space I would love to relax in with family and friends. Uncluttered and comfy - breathe easy

• jennymlewis97
    6 years ago
    What can I say about why I like sketch 3 - it’s how I would like my lounge to look after lots of decoration ! Cosy, modern and easy living.
  • Suzanne Crabtree
    6 years ago
    I chose number 5. I like the way the colours, shapes and objects are balanced so well throughout. The plants, the circular shapes the picture and the chairs. I also like the intimate feel of the table and chairs together.
  • Stevie
    6 years ago
    I voted room 1! I love the natural feel to the room with the splash of colour from the plants.
  • Vaiva
    6 years ago
    3rd design looks most inviting to sit down and rest. It feels lived in yet not cluttered.
  • A M
    6 years ago

I love room 4. Its a very fresh look and the colour choices are great - work really well together. The pendant lighting brings the scheme together. Good luck!!

• Violet Cicada
    6 years ago
    No #1. Stunning blend of colour, art and mid century, modern and ethnic. Configured beautifully - I just want to step in and relax.
  • Rach House Lover
    6 years ago
    Sketch 3 because it is not too cluttered and it looks like a comfortable space to chill out and relax. The colours are very calming and the ceiling light adds a real touch of elegance for me.
  • Natalie FLemington
    6 years ago
    Love Number Three! I feel relaxed & welcome imagining myself in there. There us an understated elegance, a laid back sophistication to everything in the room.
    I noticed a glimpse of a wall display on the R h wall, curious to see more
  • Angie
    6 years ago
    sketch 2. Love the light fitting.
  • T Gray
    6 years ago

The others are really nice but I chose number 1 because it is less 'designery' and more realistically livable, friendly and homely. Lets face it, many of us don't have houses that can accommodate the other 5 mid-century/scandi/minimalist crossover stuff going on here. Life is a bit chaotic, colourful, warm, offbeat and this room reflects that.

• cmacryan
    6 years ago
    I voted for Sketch 3 as it was the picture that "jumped out" at me amongst all the other small sketches. It is my style of room as it incorporates a wonderful mix of materials, colours & styles. A room I would easily love in my home.
  • Lauramay England
    6 years ago
    #1 for me. I like the use of greenery bringing the urban jungle feel to the room whilst injecting it with personality by combining retro style furnishings and tribal pattern rugs. The art on the walls also brings elements of colour shifts and it gives scope for individuals to take the look and bring their own taste in to it.
  • Emmy
    6 years ago
    i chose no.3
    warm color of walls
    comfort sitting places
    no overcrowding of furniture as in sketch no.1
    i love the gallery wall
    simple chic lights
    the little green trea adds alot
  • allthreeofus
    6 years ago

No.1 Nice use of colour

• HouzzUK
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Thank you everyone for all your votes and great comments. We are pleased to announce the Sketches with the most votes and therefore winners of our [Sketch To Win competition[(https://www.houzz.co.uk/discussions/sketch-to-win-products-from-houzz-of-2018-now-closed-dsvw-vd~5178474?n=29) are:

Sketch 3 Seasons in Colour - 68 votes

Sketch 1 rachelmidlands - 58 votes

Sketch 4 Danielle H - 45 votes

And the winner of our Voter's Prize is: Mary Moore

Thanks again to everyone that participated and stay tuned for more competitions.

• Mary Moore
    6 years ago
    thank you.....my presents arrived today
United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.