ihuy

Decorating a student's room (rental)

ihuy
9 years ago
This is my main room in my flat: http://imgur.com/a/8p6U4#0

As you can see there are hardly any plants and no pictures or other decorative items at all in my room. I didn't have any back at my parents' home but I would like to change that. I think first I want to get a tall plant to put on the right of the TV furniture. Maybe a small one on my working table and even on the nightstand? And another one on top of my shelf on the left of the TV?

I am trying to get some colours into the room, as you can see I wanted the sleeping corner to be blue. I don't want to force it too much but I want some sort of clear theme. In the living area however, I'd prefer a warmer colour. At my parents' home the living room was filled with red and orange and I don't really want to continue that way. I was thinking about natural green or maybe some sort of brown? I don't really have a theme in the living area yet - and by the way the beanbag is not mine, so it won't be there anymore soon. I also have a western guitar and electric guitars which I could put in open space or hang on the wall - but I'd prefer not to due to the flat being rather humid.

Any suggestions for a picture on the wall above the monitors or above the TV? Or maybe even above the bed? Or what would you suggest for those walls?

Last but not least, what about lamps? I only have the one on my nightstand, then there are two at the ceiling which were already there when I moved in. You can see one of them in the first picture on imgur, the second one looks exactly the same but is located above where I was standing to take the first panorama, i.e. somewhat between couch and bed.

PS: I linked to imgur.com because I can only attach up to four images on houzz.co.uk.

Comment (1)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.