askthewife

I don't have a clue......

Family Guy
9 years ago
I'm recently divorced and my 14yr old who lives with me has advised me of the following:
"Dad - the house needs a makeover. You need a makeover".
Have decided to start with the house first as it's older than me.
I live in a end of terrace house in Tooting (imagine the house from Playschool in the 70s ie a square with a triangle on top. Built 1905. Certain limitations with it being in a conservation area but only from the front. Front driveway/ garden is concrete. Back verandah and garden is a mixture of concrete and patio (but lots of concrete).
Am looking for a very affordable, Houzz community led solution to make something spectacular we can all celebrate and I might even let you stay if you visit when you come to London.
Need to consider a teenager, 70+ year old grandparents who need a downstairs loo and bedroom and a man cave/bedroom for me to hide in.
Would like a garden and some hydroponics to grow veg, a herb garden and some overhanging plants / trees?. Love lavender and thyme.
My DIY skills stretch to 6 inch nails and a hammer.
Do not want any fuss. Everything must be easy to maintain.
Not into bling but my daughter is and definitely not into running up massive gas and electricity bills.
Am open to ideas - hope you can help.

Comments (17)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.