aisha_iqbal

re-doing the living room

Aisha Iqbal
9 years ago
hey this is my first place and we're getting rid of all the current furniture, lighting, 're-doing the doors, paint etc and needed help with the layout. The style that I'm going for is modern, cozy yet functional. I have no idea as to how to purchase and place furniture in a way that it divides up the room so that we can have a cozy sitting area for viewing parties I.e movie nights for friends (up 7-8 ppl) since we're investing in a big screen and surround sound. so no clue where to place the tv unit too. ideally I'd want a dinning table so we could entertain guests for dinner parties and formal sitting. I have my heart set on installing a rectangular modern fireplace and I'd want a modern devoration piece /bookshelf and hanging lights to give the room warmth. how do I make it happen in this space that has an attached kitchen area, which needs attention too. help please my first home and I want to take pride in it. any and all tips as far as layout, colors, textures, etc is welcomed.:) thank you.

Comment (1)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.