ghesp

Our new kitchen finally finished - a year in the making!

ghesp
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

We've been working on the entire house at the weekends only, however we started work on the kitchen pretty much 1 year ago today. It's been in a liveable condition for quite some time, however it's 99% furnished and finished now. There are still a few little bits to do such as blinds, but it's done.

We bought the house which had a kitchen and dining room at the back of the house. The kitchen was a red, white and black kitchen which wasn't really to our taste - the cabinets themselves weren't particular good either. The dining room served no use to use, so we decided to completely gut the room, knock out the wall, build a utility and create a big kitchen diner.

The kitchen was design by myself. I've never designed a kitchen before, so this was a big learning experience and challenge. Some of the measurements weren't half cutting it close, but it all fit. The kitchen itself is from Crown Imperial - Rialto Handleless in White.

There have been numerous issues and challenges throughout doing this, from plumbers flooding the house, ceiling cracking and being taken out, to having to strip all the old paint from every surface. The kitchen, like the rest of the house has been entirely a DIY project, with a bit of help from a family member in the trade.

Onwards with the photos:

Before:

During:

Finished:

Hope you like it!

Comments (16)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.