jayne_hunt87

Need help with kitchen and extension layout

J C
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Please can anyone help?

We are knocking down a wall to create a large open plan area, to the side of the house will be a storage bit (half the garage at the back) a utility room, a downstairs toilet, and a larder. There will also be a multi purpose room, which is playroom, come office, come guest bedroom with sofabed.

The doors below on the kitchen layout are hidden doors, one into the larder on the right, one on the left into the toilet and utility etc..

I wanted to make it look seamless, as there are lots of doors etc, so wanted to try hide the doors into these areas, but the cupboards alone are about £700 so it's a lot for a door, but i've run out of ideas, also it's ok, but doesnt have the 'wow' factor for a kitchen.., am after something quite modern, and with everything hidden away and don't want any appliances on the island, but can anyone suggest a better layout. Either for the kitchen and/or for where the side rooms should go? Difficult.. but I need to make a decision asap and need all the help I can get..nothing is set in stone at the moment, but i'd really like some advice on if you think this is a good layout, or if you think there is a better way of using the space? We may do an L shape where the office comes a little further out to give a bit more room there..

we also liked the photo above, but wasn't sure if that would work with the side layout and definitely wouldnt give us the option to have hidden larder/side exit to the house, toilet etc.., so maybe not. Maybe the island needs to be reduced in size too as currently its 3.7m so quite big and extra wide, but we do a lot of entertaining, and it would be also my only work surface..

Any advice or suggestions for alternatives would be very very gratefully received.

thanks

Comments (20)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.