ros_chappell

Hate the bathroom floor tile - what's a girl to do?

ros_chappell
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Entire modern large apartment needs a refurb. I am looking into what can be retained, to keep spending down. For a small family/ guest bathroom, I will replace sanitary ware in the same position. I hate the wall and floor tiles. They certainly cannot both stay as they clash.

The walls have an Imperial equivalent of a 20x20cm matt beige/ tan tile with white grouting. I dislike it but at least the colour and matt finish are quite neutral. The floor has an Indian green marble tile, which I am told is very expensive, but I loathe.

Removing tiles is noisy and disruptive as well as expensive. Should I try a honed finish on the floor tiles (a bit less disruptive) and choose a paint and back painted glass option for the walls that would better match the green? Busy marble is not my natural style, but sometimes one achieves a surprising success by work around feature you wouldn't choose. If this option, suggestions for colours appreciated. Looking at the Little Green colour chart - or any other.

Or should I live with the beige/ tan wall tiles and get rid of the floor? Or get rid of both? My taste is quite minimalist and calming, with touches of accents.

Comment

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.