pannacotta

Warmer alternative to Slipper Satin for kitchen-diner wall colour?

pannacotta
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I have painted wooden kitchen units like this in green-grey (I think the colour is a match to F&B French Grey)

http://www.benchmarxkitchens.co.uk/Kitchens/Kitchen-Ranges/Borrowdale

and oak worktops, with a fairly tile effect floor.

The kitchen is quite large and light, it faces South. I chose Slipper Satin, which in theory should look great.

But it doesn't. It looks cold and rather unfriendly. I don't have many wall units (too many windows/doors etc) so there is quite a lot of empty wall space and the colour looks a bit clinical and insipid in that space (I have used it elsewhere with the same aspect and it looks great).

We use the room a lot and I'd like it to feel like a welcoming family space. I think the wall colour needs to be a little darker and muddier if that makes sense....

I don't have time to get loads of testers so any recommendations would be great.

So far I am pondering Old White or Bone by F&B or Welcome or any of the French Greys by Little Greene but I haven't used any of them before....

Comment

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.