stefanmh

Breakfast bar - yes or no

stefanmh
8 years ago
Hi. We have lived in our Barratt 4 bed detached from new since 1997. We fitted a new kitchen in 2014. However there are two outstanding options on what else to do.
a) Do we convert the integral garage into a TV room or playroom for visiting family children or leave it as a garage, which at the moment is just full of junk and
b) Should we knock out some of the dividing wall between the kitchen and dining room and fit a breakfast bar which we loved when we had one years ago when we lived abroad. There are only the two of us retirees living here now and sooner or later we may sell up and downsize so the question is will these two possible mods increase or decrease the value of our house to prospective buyers.
Thanks for any advice.

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.