shannmills

Kitchen finally done!

shannmills
7 years ago

Thanks to lots of advice from Houzz contributors, our kitchen reno is finally done! We debated opening it up but decided to work with the original space as we like being able to keep the kitchen closed off to keep smells and noises away from the dining and living areas.

The biggest design change from the original kitchen was moving the peninsula and refrigerator. We also opened up the doorway into the dining area to make it larger and to let more light in. Another huge change was seamlessly bringing in the wood maple floor into the kitchen.

In terms of style, I was going to select white kitchen cabinets but after spending thousands of hours looking at pictures on Houzz, I started to find myself drawn to darker cabinets for a more dramatic effect. I love how it turned out although we are considering having a sun tunnel installed as the kitchen can get quite dark. I am so pleased with the windows in the top cabinets as well and love the handles we chose. Our countertop is Silestone Lagoon which I'm pleased with.

All in all it was quite a long and stressful (and expensive) experience but so very happy with the outcome.

Comments (13)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.