roomsrevamped

Turning a bonus room into a "Little Man's Cave."

The bonus room was transformed into a little man cave where the boys can do homework or chill out with their friends.
Because industrial design style is more masculine, I went in that direction for this room. Both parents travel so I included globes and maps. The maps represent where their grandparent are from and the clocks above the desk are set to the timezones their parents travel to frequently. There is even a "Grandma's chair" big enough to hold a child in her lap while she reads to him when she visits.

Children's Spaces:Little Man Cave and Bedrooms that Grow Up with Boys · More Info
Before: The bonus room contained a couple of plum velvet sofas, media center, and was hardly decorated.

Children's Spaces:Little Man Cave and Bedrooms that Grow Up with Boys · More Info

After: I created a study area by adding 2 industrial style desks (which filled in the space perfectly)in the dormer area along with live edge plank shelves found on Etsy.

A custom loveseat/chaise and the quatrefoil table anchor the new media area.

The maps of the states where my client's family live were framed by inexpensive stock frames from Michael's.

How fun is the TV stand easel?

Or the antique fireman hooks?

So what do you think of the transformation?

Comments (15)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.