veryanya

New floors slightly too red; change wall colors??

veryanya
11 years ago
We just had our floors finished in an upper floor bedroom. They used the same wood as throughout that floor and we asked them to match the floors...well, the floors upstairs match what is downstairs but not the surrounding bedrooms/hall because apparently we have slightly different colors upstairs and down!! They are now completely finished because I stupidly did not check the stain halfway through. This is an addition and switching to wood (rather than carpet) was supposed to make it blend in...now it's worse! To top it off we painted a wall color that looks peculiar with the floor. We are going to ask the contractor tomorrow but I think this is our fault since we did not specify what to match the floor to... If we have to live with it can I tone "down" the red??
I like lavenders and blues, we just spent the weekend painting "beach plum" by BM and I think I hate it. Our downstairs (also "reddish" floors) is all yellows and I had never noticed that the floors are reddish. But I want cool colors upstairs. Dislike beige... Our house is a 1930s home. Plan to get a dark wood (black) canopy bed for this bedroom.

What do you think? Attached is floor pic of all upstairs rooms (yellowish), the new room (reddish) and the wall color...

I'm hating it and stressing about it...please help!!

Comments (5)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.