monidda

Help with Windows and Front Door needed

Monica
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Our home is a 26 year old timber frame built property and I am struggling with decisions regarding windows and a front door.

Sadly we decided to go for UPVC, partly budget partly because we will not recoup the costs when we would decide to sell in the future choosing a more costly option. I made a decision to have charcoal grey on the outside and white on the inside but this leaves me with questions such as what colour should the front door and the garage be?.

Also I would like the windows to be a bit more detailed rather than just plane panes, what do you think? does this stupid? I was thinking a modern large scale grid leaded panes maybe ?

I am also having difficulties imagining a suitable front door, I am keen on making the entry a bit more symmetrical so I wondered whether a 3 panel door with some pretty stained glass uppers would look out of place or two long windows either side of a solid door?

I would really appreciate your help please :) Thank you,

Monica

Comments (29)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.