helenkay21

Layout dilemma

helenkay21
7 years ago
We moved into our house last winter and have gone through various ideas regarding layout. We are a family of 5 with young children and would like an open plan kitchen/diner/family room and upstairs a 5th bedroom.
We have had some plans drawn up but not finalised. I have attached photos of current floor plans and front aspect. It is a bit of a long term project which we will do in stages but want to finalise overall plan before starting.
The back garden is south facing.
Downstairs we are thinking of converting the garage into the open plan kitchen/diner/family room with bifold/sliding doors to garden. We are thinking of effectively splitting the current dining room into 3. A sort of extension to the hallway to get to the kitchen and divide the front portion into 2-one a utility room and the other study. We will remove the bay as the front is north facing so the bay roof adds to the darkness there. We can in the long term put a larger porch and garage to right angle of the front door if that makes sense. The current kitchen we can put a french door and have it as a playroom or alternative

Upstairs the larger bedrooms are a relatively new edition and the current ensuite/dressing area was originally a bedroom. We are thinking of converting it back. Put an ensuite into dressing area of largest bedroom at the back and a guest bedroom at the front with a smaller ensuite in the dead space on the landing. A sun tunnel here in the landing to provide sunlight.

The frontage of the house could do with a makeover too but that's probably a whole other post!

Thank you for taking the time to read this. Any ideas appreciated.

Comments (3)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.