numbersixtyfive

Repro tiled fireplaces - any advice?

We're doing up our Victorian house and want to put a proper fireplace back into the lounge. I love tiles and would like to put a tiled insert in. We have looked at various reclaim ones but the fire grate is quite small so we're not sure how good it would be for burning wood and we're a bit overwhelmed with all the options. We have also looked at Stovax range of 'traditional fireplaces' and wondering whether this is a better idea as they could be more efficient with their convector options and an easier alternative for purchase/installation (although part of me is chastising myself for not buying original!!)

Does anyone have experience with stovax or any other repro tiled fireplaces? Would you recommend?

Below is a picture of the space at the moment - we are having cupboards/shelves installed in the alcove and planning to paint a dark blue...

Any words of wisdom greatly received!

Comment (1)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.