catbella123

Charming room needs your eye!!

11 years ago
Heavy sigh...Ok I have just rearranged the furniture for the umpteenth time trying to capture that "feel" and some balance that I am seeking. My great room which includes a living room space and a dining room table is narrow.( about 15x24)This room has charm but it just needs to be developed. My frustration has lead me into creative insanity!
Help!! I would greatly appreciate YOUR eyes to help me with an optimum solution.
I am open to ALL suggestions and am willing to make the changes necessary, paint, windows, new art work, shelving etc.... I am thinking white on the walls to make the space brighter???? I think the blue wall needs to go slightly darker perhaps a navy or whatever.....??
My style is traditional but I am rather eccletic as well. I am seeking a cozy space but I love a simple, casual, less more approach. I do not like clutter. I want to highlight the beautiful floors and see a blance and a crispness.
Open to all of your lovely suggestions
The white furniture and wood floor is the current room. I have attached the "before design"(red chair, gold couch) just to get an idea of the space
Thank you in advance,
Catherine

Comments (86)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.