melanieboyer1

T-shaped lounge diner, please help arrange furniture!

Mel B
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I've tried every configuration I can think of but I still can't get it right, so I thought I'd turn to Houzz for some fresh ideas and inspiration. Keeping my fingers crossed that you can help - and I promise to come back and post the 'after' photos!

We could move the dining table into the family room, which is a conservatory - too cold in winter, too bright and hot in the summer. We had it out there originally but still found arranging the living room really difficult! I'd be happy to move the table out again and invest in some blinds and a heater if it means I can be more flexible in the living room.

I've tried to take photos from different angles but please excuse the kids!

I love the wallpaper but its probably going to go - it makes the room too dark, especially on such a big wall.

Floorplan - dining area on the right currently. Door at bottom left of photo goes to the hallway. French doors at the top to the conservatory.

View from hall door.

View from kitchen door (sorry it's so dark).

View from conservatory doors.

Alternative view of sofa wall!

View from the sofa. I'm thinking about changing the oak unit for a lower sideboard as we need storage but I don't want to sit and look at the side of the tall unit!

I'm considering a circular table but not sure if that'll help. I've also got a green sofa that I could use, if that helps at all (its currently in the conservatory)!

I've found the photos from Right move of how the previous owners had it. It looks much bigger but their corner sofa blocks off the door to the hall. We found when we had it like this with the TV and sofa on the same walls as this photo, that there was too much space between them!

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.