chun_yipw

Critique our Kitchen-Diner floor plan

Pete
6 years ago

Houzzers out there! I would very much appreciate your design advice for a single storey rear extension.

We'd like to have kitchen diner, add a wc below the stairs and squaring up the rear of the house rather than extending more as we are quite budget constraint. We've also kept the kitchen's gas pipings in the same place as it reduces costs.

We like to cook a lot and enjoy family time around the kitchen. We would also like to have lot of light flooding into the new space.

I have added the current design and designs we think that might work, however I am not sure if we are making good use of space, flow from front of house to back... etc

Please can you critique on the floor plan and thoughts about how we can add light from the top, lantern or sky lights or others? Should we have a wall between the hallway and kitchen?

thank you!

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.