wand3rlust

Will wallpaper elevate or destroy my tiny bathroom

wand3rlust
6 years ago
I’ve been remodelling my bathroom and it’s pretty much there. It has patterned monochrome tiles on the floor and white (greyish) ones on the wall. The furniture is all white and fittings are matte black. My builders convinced me to just put in tiles on the wet area and half tile everywhere else.

Now it’s in, it looks a bit uninspiring - and, if I’m honest, a bit cheap. I was in the Wythe hotel in NY the other day and loved the cool wallpaper on the walls in the toilet and it made me wonder whether something like that could work in my bathroom?

I think it would need to be white/black and an illustration would be cool, but is that madness? No idea whether heavy pattern, something quirky or really simple would work best. I’d be happy with a ‘more is more’ approach to pattern but with the strips of boring nothing tiles in the middle it may well look weird.

To wallpaper or not? What wallpaper? How do I fix the room??

All advice appreciated!

Comments (6)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.