shomera

A View To Die for (House Extension & Renovation)

Shomera
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

The existing semi-detached house with garage to the side was modest but located with the most wonderful views of the sea. As such our clients decided to undertake a radical transformation of their home to which they were returning.

The work included a large extension to rear to include GF bedroom, bathroom, utility room and open-plan living with new kitchen. Finished in zinc and with two gables the extension has a unique style. The existing garage which was in porro condition was demolished and a new lounge was built with a large area of glass to capture those sea views. The remainder of the ground floor was renovated to complete the transformation.

“We decided to renovate and extend our semi -detached house which is located on the coast and has wonderful sea views. We liked the idea of open plan living so when doing our research we focused on companies with expertise in this area. We found the Shomera website first class in helping us to choose a contractor. We were also fortunate in being able to see a sample of work they did in the area.

In addition to an open plan we also wanted a design which would enhance our enjoyment of our seaside location. Michael Fahy's excellent concept design really captured what we had in mind. The project was delivered on time and completed to the highest standards. It was a pleasure dealing with all members of the Shomera staff each of whom we found to be very professional. We particularly appreciated the weekly updates on progress and the work schedule for the following week sent out by Carol, especially as we were not able to be on site very often.

We are really enjoying our newly renovated and extended home and have no hesitation in recommending Shomera.”

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Comment

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.