hzdeleted_47611546

Room design, tv & fireplace ahhh!

User
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hi All,

We are redoing our living room & kitchen. From the beginning i knew that we would have to build a box around where all my pipes come down the wall into the living room. I had decided that we'd make a chimney where i could have a balanced flue fire with a tv above, a look which i quite like.

Foolishly I purchased a fireplace without doing my research and i've now discovered that the flue is too short at its maximum length to place it in the chimney which has already been built :(

In desperation to use this fireplace that was pretty expensive and I cant return (and also not let my husband know that i messed up!) my question is, would it look just terrible and off centre if i built a half chimney to the left (next to bifold doors) of the existing chimney and put the fire there and then made the existing chimney into a cupboard with tv above?

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.