handev

Island perpendicular to units???

Mags D
6 years ago
Please help! I'm driving myself crazy with this. Trying to plan a new kitchen with an island. I've attached a plan of the space. We think the kitchen will work best where it is but with a different layout. I love the look of long low units with an island running parallel. However space and the kitchen door could impact on that. We would probably take a meter or so from the utility to add to the kitchen. I'd love to know which direction you'd have the island running. The longest line of units will be to the right of the door as you go in (approx 4 meters). Would you have the island running parallel to that, or running perpendicular, so travelling down toward the dining area - which is under the roof lantern on the plan (in which case it would be longer)? I can't help feeling the second option would make the kitchen less cohesive? Many thanks xx

Comments (10)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.