dahlia444

Garden Next Stage - Where to Start

dahlia444
6 years ago
Hi everyone.
I’m looking for advice on design, tackling the project and potential costs for my garden.
I have a lovely big garden in which we spend lots of time in summer. I’ve got it looking neat and tidy but it’s a bit drab and functional in the seating areas.
The main thing I’d like to do is sort these areas out. The one next to the house gets sun in the morning and the one at the end of the garden gets it in the evening. Both patios/flags are old and tired and the kids have grown up so I don’t need a playhouse anymore (used for wood storage). 5 years ago I laid the stones as a temporary measure.

I want to make each area feel welcoming and comfy for sitting outdoors and eating. At the bottom end I’d like a solution that looks neat all the way across, with something doing with the borders and keeping the palm (which I love).

So my questions are
1) any ideas for quick and cheap solutions? For near the house and at the bottom of the garden?
2) what might this cost? To do myself vs. Getting a contractor?
3) would a garden designer be a good idea and how much do they cost?

Thank you everyone in advance. I don’t know where to start or how much budget I’ll need!

Thanks

D
Bit near the house (from both sides)

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.