keswing

Final Kitchen Layout - Can this be improved?

keswing
6 years ago

So this is the latest kitchen layout for our open plan kitchen/Lounge diner. Apart from changing the configuration of the 300m units either side of the ovens so that they line up with the worktop this is what we're looking to take forward and get priced up. I'd have liked the units to be lower but I'm informed this would not be legal as 760m needs to be allowed above a hob. They'll be 1m around the island

What do you think does this look okay, can it be improved, any glaring functional mistakes?

We've been looking at handless options or possibly a gloss slab with integrated handle. I'd love a quartz top but judging by initial quotes we may have to rethink that.

The colour & style of the units & worktop still has to be decided but we want it to fit with our ideas for the overall colour scheme (below) and light oak engineered flooring which will suit the family needs. Overall, I'd like to create classy contemporary feel which won't date in a couple of years.

Any thoughts?

Thank you.

Comments (15)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.