madhousemama

Should I break up a tiled feature wall with some other detail?

Clair S
6 years ago

Hi,

I have my heart set on the beautiful designworks tiles to go above my bath against the bathroom back wall. What I'm not sure about is if it will be too much just to have this wall of colour or if I need to break it up be that with some shelving or some other detail. What would you do?

This is the tile in another setting (Designworks Mont Blanc)

and a not very good mock up of my bathroom (not using the actual tile or furniture but closest I could find).

The floor will be a slate brown with copper tones with plain white tiles elsewhere and possibly a pale taupe paint for any left over space.

Further would you bring the tile around the walls at the bottom and top of the bath or keep it white. And there's a shower cubicle in the left corner, should I tile that in the teal as well?

TIA much appreciated!!!

Comments (13)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.