jennygallag

Extending dining table

jennygallag
6 years ago
I replaced my 8 seater dining table a few years ago with an extending table that can seat 12/14 (although it is very tight!) However I really don’t like the new 12 seater table as it is very narrow! I only need a 12 seater a few times a year and as I still have my old 8 seater table (which although can definitely only seat 8 -is wider than the new table). I am thinking of putting this back in dining room and then getting an MDF or plywood top made that I can store in garage and then lay on top of 8 seater table to extend table to 12 seater when I need to.

Has any one else used this method and if so how stable is the table top? Any tips on how to do this or where to source table top greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Comment (1)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.