webuser_71660

Finalizing our extension layout - last thoughts please?

Tani H-S
5 years ago

Before work starts, I'm just going over our final layout to make sure I have thought about everything. (

**PLEASE NOTE:- the allocated rooms are staying where they are so I'm not moving the lounge/kitchen etc from their current position)

I've added back in half of the old bathroom we were knocking down (to the right of the new bathroom on the far left of the pic) to give us just over 2ft slither of storage space which would give us a coatroom nook from the hallway, bar area in the lounge (oh yes!) and extra space for either a freestanding Fridge/Freezer or storage for the hoover/brushes or extra pantry room in the kitchen side).

As I've taken the space from the lounge, I hope the remaining 14' x 12' area will be enough for seating?? It can expand of course as plenty of space to move seating back into the dining area. ...

- Only other query are the bi-folds across the back....

ie the traffic door will be by the kitchen so easier to take bins out around the back (which will be to the left of the kitchen) but I'm just wondering if they are wide enough?? The space is 8m across and the doors really need to be central so when you enter the room you can see the garden and it gives light into the living area. However I'd only planned for a 3m set of doors due to cost but should the traffic door really be set between the rear units and the kitchen island???

Comments (75)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.