webuser_329966111

Renovation - very ugly looking house and looking to update! Ideas??

Sal89
5 years ago
I posted a while ago but didn’t have updated pictures of the house in it’s current state, I have now attached current pictures! We Will be undergoing a full house renovation and I have a rough idea but would love some ideas and suggestions.

In terms of building work we will be pulling the porch forward which will be level with the left hand side of the house. We are considering pulling out the bottom right of the house also but we are unsure. This will obviously make the current lounge bigger but we don’t want to solely do it for that reason. If it will also improve the front design of the house then we may do. What are your thoughts on this? Does this make sense or just a waste of money?

Trees - we have been considering all options in terms of the trees as they are totally covering the house and taking up a lot of space that could be a drive. What would you suggest? We have been advised a lot to totally get rid of them as they are causing problems with the floor and light into the house.

Windows at the bottom of the house - should be kept the bay windows? I feel all the modern houses now are mainly flat in terms of windows. I will also post a picture of a house that I like the look of, colours etc.

Sorry for the long post! Please let me know your thoughts and ideas! Thanks.

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.