goosechicken

Help me decide if this house has potential to be extended/reconfigured

Alessandra
5 years ago
Hi everyone, thanks for landing on this question!

I went to see a house the other day and I left very confused if it has potential to be made in something very nice or not!

It’s marketed as a three bedroom although in actual terms one of the bedrooms is located in the basement that has a reduced height.

My question is the following, based on the photos and floor plan do you think there is potential to extend the lower ground floor/ basement to potentially house the kitchen/dining area? Is the ceiling going to be too low? What is that massive stone step that is dividing the patio in two tiers?

I don’t know if the idea is completely crazy and doesn’t make any sense at all so I need someone to advice!

Moreover, based on the pictures, do you think there is any chance to add a side return to move the entrance of the house from the side to the front (on the side return) and house the staircase to make it less steep? Or is a no/no for terraced houses?

I attach five pictures:
- back of the house (where you can see that massive step)
-current floorplan
-photo of ceiling height in the basement room
- photo of the ‘utility room’ in the basement

Any feedback welcome!

Thanks

Alex

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.