robert_taylor86

Showers: What is the minimum size glass screen to prevent a wet floor?

Robert Taylor
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Hi all. I am renovating my flat and installing a walk in shower. Not a wet room, just an open tray. I don't want it to have a door due to bathroom layout and look.The tray will be 1500mm wide and probably 800mm deep, although I could go to 900mm if needed but it may start to dominate the room and make it feel cramped. I will have a vertical drop rain type shower head which will help reduce the splash distance I hope.
I need to balance having access into the shower area with an appropriate size shower screen to stop the floor from getting too wet. Too small an access will look silly. Too large and I get a wet floor. I want the bathroom to feel spacious and not like I'm cramming things in.
I have searched the forums and web but can't find any clear advice.
I can't work out how to attached an image si here is a link to the sort of set up I am on about:
https://victoriaplum.com/product/orchard-6mm-walk-in-glass-panel-with-stone-shower-tray?options=size|1200_x_800mm
I would love to hear thoughts from anyone with experience of what size glass works.Many thanks, Rob

Comments (14)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.