webuser_529679039

Suggestions for open plan living dining kitchen for family of 6

4 years ago

We are a family of 6 squeezed into a small three bed and are finally building a much needed extension. Everyone will finally have their own bedroom but we have decided to make one large living area; opening up the living room (1) and kitchen (2) and extending out the rear which will be the area marked (3). I’d like the kitchen to remain in the existing position (2) as I’d like to ideally still have 2 other separate areas rather than a kitchen and one large sitting/dining area. We have 4 kids aged 6 to 17 so I still like the idea of them being able to use different areas of the room. We would be able to add a wood burner to area (3) but if this is used as a dining space it means there wouldn’t be enough room for a table and a small sofa. I’m needing a fresh set of eyes to help design how we could use this space. The second pic shows how I would like the kitchen layout. Definitely want an island but wondering if this is causing extra limitations! Any advice much appreciated:)

Comments (23)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.