adrian49cc

Dull London patio - suggestions very welcome!

Adrianh
10 years ago
last modified: 10 years ago
Any ideas much appreciated. I own a basement flat in a Georgian property in London, built 1760. Leading out of my kitchen is a small patio, 5.5 feet wide, 14 feet in length, with a painted red floor and a (very) pale, dirty pink wall facing it. I am desperate to make it more interesting, particularly the facing dark pinkish wall, which is VERY dark under steps leading out to a wonderful garden, complete with roses, acers and camellias.

I have tried to make the area, which is lit up at night, more attractive with an Acer Sangokaku plant (right hand side), plus a couple of chairs and the odd extra plant. The dark pink wall, abutted by French windows leading to a small bedroom, has potential: a mural on the facing wall. Some modern wood panelling. Mirrors? Lights? Ceramics? A more dramatic colour scheme? It gets very little light!

I have lived here for nine years and never have had the time to direct energy at this - until now. Any thoughts/ideas would be SO appreciated.

Adrian, London

Comments (5)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.