julie_caughey89

New open plan kitchen / snug / diner layout

Julie C
3 years ago

Hello! I am hoping for some reassurance that I am on the right lines here....

What do you think of this layout? We are removing the internal wall between what was originally a dining room (we use it as a living room/office/snug) and the kitchen and creating one 6.5mx4.8m room. I can't seem to imagine the best position for the sofa, to take advantage of the views - all windows (apart from the one where the sink is) will be floor length. Also where to place the TV? As well as what is there, I have also ordered a standalone larder unit - this will go on the spare wall.

Let me know your thoughts! The plan is for grey/dove grey units against the wall and blue on the island with white quartz. Shaker style. Lastly - I am contemplating not having the oven tower, as this is the only tall unit, and putting the oven under the hob on the island - thoughts on that too would be very much appreciated! Thank you. Also, I do love open shelving but I am not a fastidious cleaner and so I don't think they are for me!!

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.