janebakerphysio

legal advice on building work

J B
3 years ago

I own and live in a ground floor flat. Victorian conversion with one flat above. We are both leaseholders with share of freehold.
I have planning permission to do my side return.
My neighbour has already appointed a solicitor and a party wall surveyor ( even before returning the party wall agreement form) and is now telling me that his lender has ‘ requirements ‘ which include his surveyor working with his solicitor and me covering all their fees. I understand that I need to pay for his surveyor, but has anyone heard of a neighbour lender having requirements on my building work?
He was extremely resistive in 2014 when I was planning to do the same
Work and I ended up It doing it.
I asked him to come to a meeting with the builder but he says I should talk to his surveyor first. It’s a really basic side return, which would normally be handled by 1 party wall surveyor and he is already throwing up barriers. I asked for the correspondence from his lender with their ‘ requirements’ - nothing yet.
Any advice gratefully received. I have also applied for a license of alteration - which I will pay for.
Thanks a lot

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.