rockleaze

How can I modernise this bathroom without re-tiling?

Laura Hoyland
3 years ago

I now rent out my old flat in a converted Victorian mansion. I’ve always had a few problems with the plumbing, my last tenant has been great at putting up with it but now she’s moving out it’s time to get it properly sorted. I’ve got a quote to completely replace all the pipe work and I thought, while we were at it and since everything has to come out in the process, we should refit and modernise. Keep existing sink, toilet and bath but new taps, shower, shower screen. It would save me a lot of money not to re-tile (provided the job can be done without damaging) as there is a surprising amount of tiles for a small bathroom. Just the tiling alone is £1000, without tiles. What can I do to turn this into a more WOW bathroom without replacing the tiles? I will be replacing the vinyl floor with vinyl as all the services are under the floor and I worry about the permanence of a tiled floor. Any ideas much appreciated!

Comment (1)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.