karbarstar

Kitchen/dining/living room renovation

karbarstar
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hi all, first post here. We have an L shaped kitchen/dining room currently. Lee knocked into the back room and opened it up to make it more open plan years ago. I want to put in a new kitchen and would love an island but we just can’t fit one in unless we knock 2 support pillars and quotes have come in at €90k just for the build. I’ve recently asked an architect to give us some ideas and he has sent in the drawing. My question really is: would the sink work in the peninsula/breakfast bar area or better at the back of the house facing the garden. I liked the idea of looking at the family while at the stools or watching tv in the new living space but realistically sinks are messy and with kids it’s non stop mess. While I would love the whole lot to be open I cannot justify the cost when I’d get the same amount of floor space with both extensions. one would just consist of a lot more steel and I’d have the open plan look I want. I’m willing to sacrifice this if the quotes come in for half that price which builder seems to think they will. What do ye think? Thanks 😊

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.