webuser_915197463

I've shared, How do you make a mud kitchen for your children?

Vincent Guido
3 years ago

I would suggest 5 to 6 mm HDPE panels. They are available in a variety of colors. They are easy to shape. They can be assembled by welding with readily available “plastic welders.” They can be drilled and screwed to structural elements such as angles and tubes. HDPE is resistant to moisture and abrasion, both of which are attributes of mud. The intricacy of the design is limited only by imagination. The outcome is limited by budget. You can add running water through a garden hose, but you'll want to situate the kitchen with good drainage.

If you are planning any kind of working oven, HDPE is not a good choice. At that point, you might want to shift to sheet steel. Rust will be a problem unless you go with stainless, or you can finish with epoxy paint. Assembly can be done by welding, soldering, rivets, or screws. And, with an oven, you will need an energy source, either electricity or whatever gas is available where you live. Plus heating elements or burners. Good luck.

Comment (1)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.