katie_kemp7

House plans- thoughts?

Katie Kemp
2 years ago

So we are planning on building a house that has country features but with a modern feel. We love big stone homes with lots of glass and light. So these are the plans we’ve come up with…

But as we get nearer to submitting them for planning permission the more I keep thinking that we need to change something to give it an extra “wow” factor. We have a lovely double height entrance and a big sociable kitchen diner that I think will make a great impact when you walk in. But I just keep thinking that it might still feel too much like any other new build! I would love to be able to add something a bit different into the design but I don’t know what I could change to get that special, unique feature.

Anybody have any comments or suggestions? I love to here all kinds of ideas so please tell me what you think.

Comments (6)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.