homeways

North east kitchen paint cashmere cabinets black granite

homeways
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Help, im renovating my modern ‘farmhouse‘ and having completed upstairs in grey, beige, sand and white colours (with the odd blue in bedrooms and bathroom) im renovating the kitchen so chose cashmere for the units This was partly because I didnt want to overload with the grey factor (the hall and landing are grey) and because I wanted some warmth and practicality. im having a stone effect floor tile in the kitchen, hall and utility. I thought some contrast in the kitchen would be good to break up the greige so choose black pearl granite. Now what do I do for walls? Make the units recede with similar paint or go lighter? i think elephants breath may be too dark as its north east but if its similar to the cabinets wouldnt that lighten the room? skimming stone is a colur picked out in the floor tile but will that clash with the granite? Maybe I should cancel the black granite? it took ages choosing to stay in budget and if I choose steel grey agranite i think there would be too many clashing patterns. Help! i also want a very durable paint so I was thinking Dulux Easycare maybe colour matched to skimming stome but Ive heard its a dreadful match! Floor tiles shown below with a kitchen

photo I was using for inspiration at the start of plan, my units are a darker colour though (cashmere). If i go for skimming stone will that make the units feel opressive because they are darker?

Comment

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.