webuser_969612913

Moving washing machine into cloakroom - ideas...

Leon Bourque
2 years ago

Hi. Our current utility room is at the back of our kitchen. As it tends to be the main route into our garden, but even when the adjoining door is shut, when the washing machine is on its quite noisy in the kitchen. I would like to move the washing machine into our downstairs WC (and get a drinks fridge where the washing machine is now :)

The downstairs WC has a fairly large open area which was provided for potential future shower space. Presently we just use this space to dry washing. We have a heated clothes airier that we use for this, and put sockets in for that purpose a few yrs back.

So what I am looking to do is to incorporate the washing machine as well as some clothes drying space into the room (prefer not to have a tumble dryer- so one way or another we would need to boost the heat in the room electrically).

Wondering if it would be more practical to relocate the sink (probably need a new sink) to the wall opposite the toilet with some built in or vanity units also housing the washing machine, or possibly have the washer alongside the sink (again it would need to be built in some units or i think it would look quite ugly on its own).

I am thinking from a plumbing point of view we'd need to keep sink and washer next to each other. And we'd also need to move the radiator probably,

So many thoughts but can't think of best solution.....

Comments (14)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.