30s50sreno

Cloakroom & utility location in 1930s style semi

30s50sreno
2 years ago

Our semi-detached house was built in 1955 but in a classic 1930s style (I assume to match the genuine 30s houses on the rest of the street). Our house and the one next door on the attached side have a different layout to the rest of our neighbours - the entrance is at the side, meaning the hall goes through the middle of the house. We want to knock the kitchen, utility and cloakroom through to the dining room (labelled as the sitting room on the plan) and extend into the garden, to create an open plan kitchen/dining area, but retain a downstairs loo - and a utility room/area if possible. We’d like to avoid them being at the back of the house so the view to the garden is unbroken, if we can. Perhaps the loo could go at the end of the hall/under the stairs? Although it could be handy to keep the storage space there. Has anyone redesigned a similar layout? The garden is west facing, it that’s relevant!

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.