angm47

Looking for examples of trickle vents in wooden sash windows

Angie
last year

Has anyone had trickle vents in wooden sash windows? Last year we replaced four of our windows and liked them so much we’re doing another window plus the French doors this year. But just heard today that there has been a change in building regs and they are now required to fit trickle vents unless in a conservation area. So our lovely new sash windows which will be fitted in July will have trickle vents. I can’t get beyond plasticky, ugly, things in my mind’s eye so wondering if anyone has them? The salesman will be contacting us next week when back from holiday and I’m sure he’ll have pictures, but I’m impatient! Currently I feel so disheartened about this. It’s the first we’ve heard of it and it seems there is no opt out option. They certainly didn’t have such a thing when our Edwardian house was built! Hey ho. Angie

Comments (20)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.